The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 15

Insure your British car in Poland for a full year.

Forfour44 9 | 94
14 Mar 2013 #1
Hello Polishforums.

I am not pleased to offer you insurance for your English cars in Poland. For a full year. Unlimited use in the EU.

Since i have been looking for insurance, it's been a nightmare. I have got together with a broker in the UK.
So i can offer you a quote via them.

Please email me on: I will get back to you asap.
You need to have a UK address where the car is registered. We can send your insurance to an address in Poland with a green card.

Policy has to be paid for in full before the start date.
I've managed to save £449 on my quote from eCar, £401 Asda, £230 CIS.
lol cat
14 Mar 2013 #2
Which countries are included on the Green Card?

I would be very interested if RU and UA are included.
OP Forfour44 9 | 94
14 Mar 2013 #3
Hello Lol Cat

Sorry i cant quote for the RU or UA.

Merged: Has anyone registered a British car yet this year?

As the title says,
I know from 2015 the EU law said we can register a British car in Poland, We all know Poland and we know they listen to no-one.

As anyone managed to register one yet? If so:
Was it easy?
How much did you have to pay?
What paper work did you need?

I rang an insurance company and he told me one people have managed to register and get insurance in Poland on the car.
He couldn't help me as how to register.
Lublin car office just said no you can't and wouldn't talk about it more.
kj99 8 | 54
20 Sep 2013 #4
Merged: Anyone know a company in Poland that would insure a British registered RHD car ?

i have a uk policy which would cover upto 6months outside britain - if the car is away from "home" any longer - its not covered

anyone know a polish company that would insure a uk registered car all the while its in poland?
Olaf 6 | 955
20 Sep 2013 #5
Have you tried any insurance company? Where's the problem?
Some might have a problem if you don't have a PESEL, but this can be solved too.
kj99 8 | 54
20 Sep 2013 #6
ive done the usual and googled - results seem to suggest that polish insurance companies only insure polish registered ( as in polish dvla) vehicles.

i cant register - transfer registrationof my english car from uk dvla to polish equivalent , since poland does not register rhd vehicles ....

since i cant register my uk registered vehicle in poland , the polish insurance companies thus cant insure it.

its similar the other way around - finding a uk insurance company willing to insure a foreign registered car , is next to impossible ,,, tho of course , nothing to stop a polish guezzer registering his car with uk dvla - since dvla unlike its polish equivalent has no hang ups about lhd cars.

this leaves just buying a polish car - but generally as we all know they are at least 50 per cent odd higher cost than uk .
MarkB78 - | 1
17 Apr 2017 #7

Buying a car in Poland and keeping it there.

Hi, Ok lets see if I can explain this clearly. I want to buy a car in Poland for when I visit my girlfriend, but it says I have to register it in the uk because i spend less than 6 months in Poland per year currently. I want the car there and to insure it there. Is this possible?. The 2nd option is to buy the car in my girlfriends name but then she tells me it would be subject to gift tax. Can someone please explain all this to me because I think my brain is about to explode. Thanks in advance everyone.
terri 1 | 1,663
17 Apr 2017 #8
There are various solutions to your problem.
1. Let your girlfriend buy the car (under her name), then you can insure it in her name and add yourself as a named driver. But, before you do that, find out how much the insurance/car examination and other costs will be for the whole thing. Here, you can pay for the car as long as she is the registered keeper.

2. Hire a car from a reputable dealer for the duration of your stay.
peter_olsztyn 6 | 1,088
17 Apr 2017 #9
Normally no one will ask her about the money except you are going to buy an expensive car (over 150kzl). Just pay for the car and write her as owner.
geordiebri - | 1
11 Jan 2018 #10

Insure UK car in Poland


I've (temporarily) brought my UK-registered (right-hand-drive) car with me to Warsaw.

According to a couple of locals, no Polish insurance company will want to insure me/my car.

Alexbrz 3 | 78
11 Jan 2018 #11
Why not ask the insurance company or brokers? Insuring my dutch car wasnt a problem at all
LongTermR 1 | 37
12 Jan 2018 #12
Perhaps you will find a company but how much money you will have to pay?
Alexbrz 3 | 78
12 Jan 2018 #13
Insuring my Dutch car in Poland was actually cheaper than having it insured in Netherlands. Then again - that has the steering wheel on the correct side.
LongTermR 1 | 37
12 Jan 2018 #14
Yes, a car from The Netherlands is not related with the OP's question because as you already said its on the correct side (left) but cars from UK are on the left side thats why many companies do not accept in Poland. Its possible to find a company but perhaps it will cost min double even more expensive.
Jardinero 1 | 402
13 Jan 2018 #15
I believe you can now also register your UK vehicle - may be even cheaper in the long run - search the forum, I recall a post about it.

Home / Law / Insure your British car in Poland for a full year.