The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 6

Dual citizenship in both Poland and The United States - US passport used when married a Chinese. Visa for her?

PiesPzy 1 | 1
8 Nov 2015 #1

I have dual citizenship in both Poland and The United States. Recently, i married a Chinese woman in Mainland China using my American Passport. Can my wife accompany me visa-free if I use my Polish / EU passport to enter Poland? If not, what is / are my options?
MIPK - | 69
8 Nov 2015 #2
Not an expert, but in my experience of travelling she'd be assessed on her citizenship not the citizenship of her spouse (ie. yours). The fact that you're married would probably mean there would be no problem with getting a visa, but unless she has any other citizenship apart from Chinese she'll need a visa.
Polsyr 6 | 769
9 Nov 2015 #3
Unless your wife has a another citizenship, she will need a visa. You need to register your marriage in Poland first then apply at the Polish embassy in her country of residence. However, if your marriage is very recent, then the visa procedure has the potential to be problematic.
Pol attorney 2 | 106
9 Nov 2015 #4
Hi ! Because your wife is legally married to a Polish citizen, she will be able to get a residence card in Poland and then she will be able to travel visa-free to Poland for 2 years. Now, she will need to get a visa.

I am a lawyer based in Poland and I may be able to help you with your case.

If you are still interested, please send me a private message on this forum, and we may be able to proceed with your case.
OP PiesPzy 1 | 1
10 Nov 2015 #5
I don't know how to send private messages in this forum. That helps a lot. I am going to get her a visa. What documents exactly does she need to have in order to get a visa to visit family and friends? The consulate website lists a lot of them but I think some of them are not necessary.

Thank you
Pol attorney 2 | 106
10 Nov 2015 #6
Well, in fact, it will be necessary to submit those documents required by the consulate. There is no other choice here. If the consulate denies a visa, then it will be possible to file an appeal and start a legal process. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly:)

even if your wife wishes to get a Polish residence card, she will have to come to Poland personally, so that they could take her fingerprints, etc. many other requirements must be met here.

If you wish to send a private message, you can just click on my nickname "Pol attorney" and send a message from there; I believe it will be faster this way.

Home / Law / Dual citizenship in both Poland and The United States - US passport used when married a Chinese. Visa for her?
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.