The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 4

Brit obtaining driver licence in Poland

PoznanDave 1 | -
12 Aug 2010 #1
A question for the wise members of PF

A cousin is considering coming to Poland however doesn't have a driving licence

She will not have enough time to complete in the UK, although living in a small town she will need one here.

From what I know, they must be registered living in Poland for 180 days before commencing before they can even take a lesson here.

6 months is a long while- anyone know of alternative ways to do it in Poland?
delphiandomine 88 | 18,446
12 Aug 2010 #2

Nah, not quite. You simply need the EU residence card - which is quite easy to get provided she has an address and a job here. They don't actually care about the amount of time in the country - what matters is that she has the card which proves that she's going to be resident for more than 185 days a year.

Nonsense, I know ;)
dtaylor5632 18 | 2,007
12 Aug 2010 #3
Strange, I started taking lessons 2 weeks after I moved to Poland. Are you sure you're talking about taking the test as opposed to taking lessons?

Edit: or even im getting mixed up between the two :D
delphiandomine 88 | 18,446
12 Aug 2010 #4

Some schools won't let you start learning without the residence card - though there's no obligation to have one to actually have driving lessons.

Home / Law / Brit obtaining driver licence in Poland
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.