The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 6

Bringing a Car to Poland from outside of EU?

Polsyr 6 | 769
10 Dec 2011 #1
Has anyone tried to bring a car from outside EU to Poland?

My wife and I were wondering if we can buy a new car from GCC (where cars are at least 20% cheaper than in EU) and take it to Poland for personal use.

The vehicle will probably be a Skoda Octavia RS, built to EU5 emissions standards.

We heard of other people doing this, but we could not find official info on this subject...
beliall - | 25
10 Dec 2011 #2

As long as you only want to drive it while you are here then not a problem, if you plan on registering it in Poland it needs to be under 10 years old and you will have to pay import tax on it also.

I Get cars from the States I buy have a family member drive it around for 6 months and ship to the UK where i register it and then pay no import tax because i have owned it and driven it outside of the country for the allowed amount of time
OP Polsyr 6 | 769
10 Dec 2011 #3
Thank you. The car would be brand new basically. Must find out how much is the import tax if we want to register the car in Poland.
Zazulka 3 | 129
10 Dec 2011 #4
You can have it registered in Poland duty and tax free as "mienie przesiedlenia" (settler's effects) if you or your wife has a Polish citizenship. The car has to be registered outside Poland in your name for at least 6 months before you can claim it as your "mienie przesiedlenia" in Poland.

You don't have to be permanently settled in Poland to bring your "minie przesiedlenia"
OP Polsyr 6 | 769
10 Dec 2011 #5
Now that makes sense. And tax free? So, we should buy the car at least 6 months before you move... Thanks Zazulka
Zazulka 3 | 129
11 Dec 2011 #6
I sugest you contact your nearest Polish Consulate to get all details on "mienie przesiedlenia".

Here is the Polish Customs website:

Home / Law / Bringing a Car to Poland from outside of EU?
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.