The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 6

Birth certificate for marriage in Poland

LHR777 5 | 10
27 Jul 2017 #1
I'm in the process of trying to get legally married in Poland and I'm very short on time.

I have a court date to get a release from the obligation of presenting a document that says I can get married. The court required my birth certificate and my (future) mother in law is suggesting I need another birth certificate to present at the USC.

The US embassy and a few previous threads on this forum have suggested that I could go to court and then immediately go to the USC after a decision was made. I had assumed I could get my birth certificate with the translation back (or they could make a copy of it).

I've contacted the court but has anyone been through this and know what will happen? I don't have time to order another birth certificate and get it translated again. If this isn't going to be possible I'd like to try to cancel my flight.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,116
27 Jul 2017 #2
She's right, unfortunately. The USC will want it, and if the court have retained it, you'll need another copy of it.

Having said that, there's no reason for the court to actually retain it in this case.
OP LHR777 5 | 10
28 Jul 2017 #3
Does the UCS birth certificate need to have an apostille? I won't have time to get that done.

Can I file another request to get the documents back or ask the judge at the hearing for them?
OP LHR777 5 | 10
28 Aug 2017 #4
Thankfully this all worked out. I did need to two translated birth certificates with an apostille attached to each. The court and USC both kept it.

The key was submitting another wniosek that requested that the USC waive the 30 day requirement registration requirement.

The law is the law but everyone was very kind and understanding. This was in a small town so your mileage may vary.
Anrychan - | 1
22 Oct 2017 #5

Get my original Birth certificate in Poland

I was born in Wroclaw, Poland in 1992, but my parents moved out soon after that with "birth certificate extraction", while by original birth certificate is still somewhere in Wroclaw.

Now my parents want me to get the original copy of the document, so I was wondering, where should i write or call, and what information do i need to get it?
terri 1 | 1,663
22 Oct 2017 #6
You will need to contact Urzad Stanu Cywilnego in Wroclaw. They will tell you what you need to do.

Home / Law / Birth certificate for marriage in Poland