I'm a student of Polish and wanted to know if there was a good site on the net for getting the perfective aspect of a verb.
At the moment, I have several methods of checking:
- Use Wiktionary.org (limited number of verbs, or at least links to their perfective counterparts)
- Google the imperfective infinitive and see what comes up (usually unsuccesful)
- Guess a prefix and check it on Ling.pl (inefficient)
A dictionary is obviously best but I don't always have one on me.
Is there a better online Polish resource I am missing? Perhaps even one that costs money.
For example, I wanted to know the perfective of "siekać" and had to fall back to a dictionary to find it. I would like to be able to find this online.
I'm going to answer my own question because I just read the stick learning resource thread and found a dictionary whose results don't turn up in Google.
The best resources I've found are:
- Oxford Wordpower results from this site: portalwiedzy.onet.pl/tlumacz.html?qs=sieka%E6&tr=ang-auto&x=34&y=13
- WordReference.com: wordreference.com/plen/sieka%C4%87
Both sites listed the askpect dokonany of "siedać."
(sorry about the links -- I can't post them yet because I'm new)