Questions for Forum readers regarding Merian C. Cooper ... His place in Polish History as a Hero of Poland ... And how much enthusiasm for a Hollywood movie about this great story likely exists in Poland and Polish-American Community:
1. Would you rate Cooper as one of the greatest foreign heroes of Poland? Is he the greatest foreign hero of Poland?
2. If not ... what foreign heroes of Poland would rank higher than Cooper?
3. Is Cooper the greatest American foreign hero of Poland? If not ... who is?
4. Do you feel that Cooper succeeded in repaying America's debt to Kosciuszko and Pulaski for their heroic volunteer service in our American War of Independance?
5. Is Cooper as great a hero of Poland as Kosciuszko and Pulaski are of America? Are there monuments and statues and memorials to Cooper in Poland? Are Polish students taught about Cooper in school ... as American students learn about Kosciuszko and Pulaski?
6. What percentage of Polonia in America and around the world ... do you believe are even aware of Cooper's heroic volunteer service to Poland ... to repay America's debt to Kosciuszko and Pulaski? What percentage of people in Poland?
7. Would there be great support in Poland and Polish-American community for a Hollywood movie about Cooper's heroic and inspirational service in Poland ... to repay America's debt to Kosciuszko and Pulaski? Would ten percent of people in Poland buy a ticket for the movie? What percent of Polish-American community?
8. How many people know that Cooper became one of the greatest Hollywood producers of the first half of the twentieth century ... producing the original King Kong and over 40 other classic movies... and received a special Oscar in 1953 for his lifetime achievments to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?
9. Did you know that Cooper visited the Heroic Polish Pilots of The Kosciuszko Squadron of the RAF in England during the "Battle of Britain"? He was a great hero to them ... and they named their squadron in honor of the squadron which Cooper and the other American pilots created. There are photos on the internet showing Cooper with the Polish pilots in England in WWII. Can someone post them on this board? I do not know how to add photos here. The website [illuminateamericasheroes.com] ... contains many of these photos and a video which has over 50 photos in it. Perhaps the photos can be taken from there and posted here.
10. How many know that Cooper re-enlisted in the Air Corps for America in WWII ... at the height of his Hollywood career ... and became the oldest active duty fighter pilot flying combat missions for America in WWII with the famous "Flying Tigers"? He was on the Battleship Missouri to witness the Japanese surrender as a partial reward for his profoundly heroic and honorable service for over 25 years ... including WWI ...Polish-Bolshevk War of 1919-1921 ...WWII.
11. Would you support Hollywood awarding a "Special Heroes Oscar" to Cooper for his uniquely heroic and inspirational true life service to America...Poland...and the world? Would you add your name to a petition drive for a "Special Heroes Oscar"?
12. Should Poland do any of the following to honor Merian C. Cooper? ...name a top fighter jet in their current Kosciuszko Squadron the "Merian C. Cooper"? ... Make him an Honorary Citizen of Poland?...of Warsaw? ...of Warsaw City Council? Statues...plaques around Poland ...like we have for Kosciuszko and Pulaski around America?
Please share your thoughts and feedback and any ideas on how to illuminate this profoundly heroic and inspirational story to current and future generations.
This is an article about this great story just published in Poland this week.
Here is some of the incredible history of Merian C. Cooper and the Kosciuszko Squadron compiled and published in Puls Poloni: Many great photos are included...including Marshall Pilsudski awarding the Virtuti Militari to Cooper and the other pilots at Belvedere Palace in Warsaw in 1921. This inspirational true story is greater than any imaginative fiction.
zrobtosam.com/PulsPol/Puls3/index.php?sekcja=47&arty_id=726 2 ... May 2009
zrobtosam.com/PulsPol/Puls3/index.php?sekcja=1&arty_id=1180 3 ... March 2012
illuminateamericasheroes.com ... This is the Foundation's website Link. This heroic and inspirational story, mission and project needs the active support and donations of the Polish-American community and patriotic Americans to continue to grow and succeed. Anything that you are able to contribute will greatly help the Foundation to continue to honor and illuminate these great heroes of Polish and American history to America and the world. The founders of the Foundation have personally financed all aspects of this great mission to illuminate and honor these profound heroes until now ... and have achieved uniquely positive American media coverage of heroic Polish history, which has been rarely achieved before. Now ... support and donations from others who also wish to honor and illuminate these great heroes ... is greatly needed and appealed for. Please visit the Foundation's website now and please support this great mission as generously as you can. If not you ... then who? ... If not now ... then when? Please support this great mission. Your personal support is needed and greatly matters.
Read more: jagahost.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=history&thread=13325&page=1#ixzz20eptMBYz