The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Australia  % width posts: 5

Visa question - Polish girl wants to join her boyfriend in Australia

Ellberry 1 | 1
30 Dec 2009 #1
Hello everyone,

As stated in the topic, I'm looking for a way to join my Aussie boyfriend in Australia.
I've been looking for the visa options and I'm not quite sure what would be the best choice in my situation.

I'm 24 yr old and I live in Poland. I hold BA in English and MA in Psychology and I was considering Skilled Migration. However, I'm not sure if that's the right choice for me, especially that my MA isn't necessarily an equivalent of the Aus one and I don't know if I would qualify. I don't currently have any job offer form Aus but maybe that's something I should look into? Is the sponsored skilled migratuon a good option?

I also read/heard that some of the visas have been given priority status while others have been, apparently, put on hold. That's why I'm not sure what I should do now.

My boyfriend and I met online almost 2 years ago and he came over to Poland to spend the whole Aug with me. I really want to join him in Aus and, as far as I'm concerned, the Prospective Marriage Visa is the only option in our case. Truth be told, we don't really want to get married yet but I know that there is the 9 months period given during which we aree obliged to get married. Do we need to give the time and date of the ceremony in the visa application, or can we omit this one or at least sumit it later?

I'm also aware that we need to submit some proofs of our relationship but I'm not sure what should it be?
I'm thinking: phone bills (altho we don't call each other just send sms-es), emails? (or just the print out of the Inbox which proves we exchange emails daily?), we talk on skype so maybe the history of the calls?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.
Marek11111 9 | 808
31 Dec 2009 #2
just go there on vacation visa and go for walk about
szczeciniak 4 | 92
31 Dec 2009 #3
re:Prospective Marriage Visa:

also this should help you:

Prospective Marriage Visa to australia , google it.
OP Ellberry 1 | 1
2 Jan 2010 #4
Thanks for your replies. I've googled the visa and read lots about it. I was just wondering if I'm choosing the right option but the 2nd link you [szczeciniak] gave, explains that it's probably the best (if not the only) option.
ASIO 2 | 12
4 Jan 2010 #5
That's really your only option. Be prepared to supply loads of evidence of your relationship and if possible declarations from friends / colleagues (only Australians count) that you guys are together.

Home / Australia / Visa question - Polish girl wants to join her boyfriend in Australia
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.