Return PolishForums LIVE   /   Archives [3]
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2010-2019 / Real Estate  % width 8

Yearly Property Tax - Krakow

mojibear 1 | 9  
20 Jan 2010 /  #1
Hi All,

I am new on here so please be gentle...

I own an apartment in Kazimierz and am aware that I need to pay a yearly property tax, my question is does anyone know how much this will be for 2010 per sq mt, how do I pay this and when is it due.

Thanks in advance
SeanBM 34 | 5786  
20 Jan 2010 /  #2
Hello mojibear,

And welcome to the Polish Forums.

You pay quarterly, a bill comes in the post in January and tells you about all instalments for that year.

As to how much, I don't know.

Good luck.
20 Jan 2010 /  #3
I have to fill out a hideously complicated form. I asked but they said they don't send out bills...
OP mojibear 1 | 9  
20 Jan 2010 /  #4
Oh dear this doesn't sound good!!!! I thought it was a one off payment that gets paid at the Town Hall/
SeanBM 34 | 5786  
20 Jan 2010 /  #5
You can do pay it using internet transfer, post office transfer. So basically when you set it up and pay it once, store the info on your internet bank account and just change the transfer number data each time.

. I asked but they said they don't send out bills...

Well, it is a letter that states all the information about your property.
And how much to pay and where, so I call it a bill.
20 Jan 2010 /  #6
I would too if they sent me one! But they won't :(
OP mojibear 1 | 9  
20 Jan 2010 /  #7
Thanks, guess I will just have to wait until I get a bill/letter/chaser, if it's anything like trying to pay for my electric it could take months, just hope it is still connected when I go back at the end of the month or I will be slightly chilly!!!!

Merged thread:
Property Tax

I am flying to Krakow on Sunday and have been notified of the property tax that I need to pay for 2009 and 2010, does anyone know where I need to go to pay this in Krakow please? Thanks
terri 1 | 1661  
9 Oct 2010 /  #8
You must pay it at the address given in the letter. Go to the nearest tax office and they will advise you.

I think you mean 'gound rent' which is payable in Urzad Miasta near the Courts.

Archives - 2010-2019 / Real Estate / Yearly Property Tax - KrakowArchived