Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 3

Irish Tax / Polish Tax

declanfoleyirl 1 | 1  
1 Nov 2008 /  #1
Has anyone got experience of Polish workers moving home from Ireland but working remotely.

I assume the Polish government would prefer us to submit taxes in Poland ?
vndunne 43 | 279  
13 Nov 2008 /  #2
I am an irish man, living in poland and working remotely for a company back in irealnd. i had to go through a lot of hassle with the HR area in the company and this is what was finally agreed:

- They would not let me invoice them through my self employment, which would have worked in my favour as it is a much smaller tax rate.

- So, i am an employee of the bank.
- They obtained a tax exemption for me so i dont have to pay tax in ireland. i dont intend to move back there any time soon.

- To make sure i am a good boy and pay my taxes here, it was put in my contracxt that i have to use a certain accountancy firm who remits my returns every month to polish tax and ZUS. And i make the payments.

Your situtation may be different to mine and the HR section in this company are very picky about the tax thing. But just thought i would let you know what my situation is.

I would suggest that you try set your self up as self employed and 'Invoice' your company back in ireland.
It also might be no harm to get some advice of an accountant as the whole 'tax residency' thing is a minefield.
benszymanski 8 | 465  
13 Nov 2008 /  #3
Basically if you are now resident in Poland you are required to pay tax in Poland. Normally you are resident in a country if you spend more than 6 months per year there, but that is a grey area and can depend on where your main house is, where your partner/kids live etc.. etc..

As vndunne has said, always best to get advice.

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / Irish Tax / Polish TaxArchived