Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Life  % width 9

Getting new passport for stolen/captured passport

21 Apr 2007 /  #1
Hi forum members,

My girlfriend is living in Poland (I live in another country) and she want to come to me. But her passport is being held by her family and there is no way to get it back, moreover trying to get it from them means losing all chance to meet. Is it possible to get a new one without problem? What should she do?

Thank you very much for your help.
ukinpoland 5 | 338  
21 Apr 2007 /  #2
All she needs to do is a get a form for a replacement passport and say that she has lost hers. I had to do it with my British passport in POland and wasnt too much problem. Im not sure where she should go but she will know
the traveller 4 | 24  
21 Apr 2007 /  #3
If she is above 18 she will have to report it to the police.

In case you live in an EU country or Turkey she doesn't have to use a passport. Her ID will be all the documents she needs.

take care

Ukinpoland is right but it is really advised not to replace passports that easily since they are very serious documents.
OP sarbel  
21 Apr 2007 /  #4
ukinpoland & the traveller, thank you for your replies.

My girlfriend is above 18.

Yes I live in Turkiye, but are You sure she doesn't need her passport and ID card is enough? If its like that everything is so easy for her..

Calling police: Umm, I don't know if its good idea, if police ask for their family everything is end. If her family know about her travel, they will take her ID too...
ukinpoland 5 | 338  
21 Apr 2007 /  #5
You dont need to call the Police. If the passport really is safely in the hands of the family then there is no problem about getting it replaced, just tell the authorities it is lost. Its very very easy to replace and im sure she knows where she can get it done. Good luck
21 Apr 2007 /  #6
Or maybe she just does not want to come to you .-)
OP sarbel  
21 Apr 2007 /  #7
ukinpoland thanks, thats good this is easy. She'll get this.

mohdanu: she really wants (as far as I know) :)
the traveller 4 | 24  
22 Apr 2007 /  #8
Dear neigbour Sarbel :)

Now that I know you are from Turkey I am happy about you polish gf coming to you. From my personal experience, I can travel to Turkey with my ID and without a passport and i really believe since she is an EU citizen she can do the same.

Please tell her to call the Turkish consulate in Poland-Wasawa and ask to be sure. A phonecall is no big deal.

Good luck my friend

Phones of the Turkish embassy in Poland

( 48-22 ) 646 43 21
( 48-22 ) 646 43 22
( 48-22 ) 646 43 23
( 48-22 ) 646 43 24
( 48-22 ) 646 43 25
OP sarbel  
22 Apr 2007 /  #9
I will tell her to do this

Archives - 2005-2009 / Life / Getting new passport for stolen/captured passportArchived