tolerate homosexuality and drug use? which in itself is not necessarily a good thing either
Clearly you are talking from a Polish point of view. And for the rest: Arien has done a pretty good job in saying what I wanted to say. But let me give you some additional points and examples:
- we have the least drugs-related problems in the world. Why? Because our police smartly enough focuses on the real perpetrators: the dealers, drug-trafikers, users of cocaine, heroin; hard-drugs in general. Junkies are generally monitored and police is pretty well aware where exactly the problematic areas are. Instead of proscecuting every bit of hash, weed, etc, we keep things under control. Our prostitutes are legal since a few years, pay their taxes and see a doctor regularily. How's that for being safe and fair?
- homosexuals are as a rule of thumb richer than non-homosexuals. Don't know why that is, but it turns out to be this way. Again, instead of proscecuting, stupidly harassing them with retarded moral views, we tolerate them, hence make money out of them. In fact heterosexuals cause more trouble than homosexuals do.
- I am actually surprised that you forgot to mention that other abcess in Dutch politics, Geert Wilders. Another opportunistic shouter, like Fortuyn, hardly representative for Dutch society. He may get wide coverage, but this is misleading: over 70% (Arien, mfeva correct me if I am wrong on this percentage) is not and will never be in favor of Wilders or Fortuyn. So I wouldn't say they represent Dutch society as a whole. These guys just want power and do not have any solution for everything. And besides, this "movement" didn't start in the late '90's, but in the early 20's in the midst of the first of the series of crises we are experiencing at the start of this new century. But beside all this, the vast majority of the Dutch ppl lives in perfect harmony with other cultures and accepts 3rd generation immigrants as Dutch ppl.
- There are no race-riots in Poland because there ARE no other races in Poland. Either they have killed them ages ago or they just refuse entrance. We never did that.
- What is modern about Poland? It's intolerance toward gay ppl? Nope. It's freedom? Yeah, but it's freedom based on our second-hand stuff. It's Catholicism? Nope, would hardly call that modern. You got a president or not so long his twin-brother who was prime minister (why don't I hear ppl on this forum never mention them?) who publicly make intolerable remarks about gay ppl, thereby diminishing and insulting a large group of ppl worldwide, openly accuses Germany for the lack of Polish residents, and so on.
Don't you go dare and post again that the Netherlands are not evolved and fair and tolerant. Don't you go make remarks about isolated figures within Dutch politics. When you are yourself from a country that is about the flagship of intolerance and racism.
The "riots" you mention were incidents, not race-related incidents, just the actions of hooligans and other scum. If it weren't Moroccans, like in this case, it would have been some other group. These guys were looking to fight, and they would fight, no matter who.
And what's the purpose of your posting? To show how glorious Poland is? Well, you failed in this. If there is a country that has to evolve and has a long road ahead of it, it is definitively Poland.
M-G (tsk, sorry seanus)