The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
 
 
User: Guest

Home / USA, Canada  % width posts: 187

PolAms -- do you regard yourselves only as 'white Americans'?


Matt32 4 | 83
6 Sep 2010 #121
It was actually quite widely mentioned here that the Polish-Americans had gone against the rest of the world (including Poland) when it came to the election.

As far as I know the last election was a quite close thing, so, I don't understand your position - you are somehow prejudiced against Poles, at last those which don't fit your drawer.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,454
6 Sep 2010 #122
Close? Not at all. Komorowski won by a decent margin.

And yes, I'm prejudiced against people who religiously vote for a small minded, egotistical maniac who has absolutely no shame in using the death of his dead brother for political purposes. And the same man is also condoning the use of the cross for blasphemous purposes - are you surprised that I think their voters are idiots?
Matt32 4 | 83
6 Sep 2010 #123
are you surprised that I think their voters are idiots?

Its about politics, people have right to vote on whomever they choose. I don't understand your attitude toward voters which have chosen other party than you, must be european thing.:)

By the way - my family in Poland vote Kaczynski' party, are you calling them idiots? I would say that you aren't nice!
delphiandomine 88 | 18,454
6 Sep 2010 #124
I don't understand your attitude toward voters which have chosen other party than you, must be european thing.:)

When you see what the Kaczynski twins stand for, you'll understand.

I would say that you aren't nice!

Yes, I am. :)
MediaWatch 10 | 945
6 Sep 2010 #125
You didn't even know about which candidate was better for business in Poland during the recent election!

I knew who was more pro-business I just wanted to make sure since yes I'm not right there on the ground there. But you aren't either. At least I don't lie about living in Poland like you do.

So you think somebody like yourself who hates Poland thinks he knows more about the Polish people then me who is pro-Polish? LOL

So you mean to tell me that an anti-Polish Russian Bigot like you who trashes Poles and Poland on a steady basis knows more about Poland then somebody of Polish ancestry like me?

You mean to tell me that somebody like you makes a stupid anti-Polish statement and says that when Poland was partioned and dominated by Germany and Russia for over a hundred years that that made all the dominated Poles "non-Polish" because Poland didn't exist as a nation??? What kind of stupid logic is that? Unless of course you're somebody who hates Polish people and wishes Poles did not exist.

Did Russians who were dominated by Napoleon's French forces or Hitlers' soldiers turn "non-Russian" to you?

MediaWatch:
If my Polish family in Poland saw all the crap you write they would say you're nothing more then an anti-Polish Bigot troublemaker trying to divide Poles and Polish Americans.

Polish-Americans did a pretty good job of that themselves during the recent election.

LOL

How would you know you barely speak any Polish. You read it in your Russian newspapers.

You're making a big deal about nothing. Only a tiny tiny percentage of Polish Americans voted in the Polish election yet as usual you GENERALIZE about Polish Americans and their politics to create frictions between Poles when you're not calling them slurs (both Poles in Poland and Polish Americans). I didn't even vote. I'm not a first generation Polish American and most Poles in America who did vote were recent immigrants from Poland.

Anyway, most Poles don't regard the Polonia as being Polish.

LOL

God what a stupid statement you made. If you think that's what Polonia is about then that just shows how ignorant you are.

But of course an undercover Russian like yourself who pretends to be a Pole who has called Poles, Poland, Polish Americans deragatory names is more endeared by Poles in Poland then Polonia LOL!

Yes Poland hates Polonia and Polonia hates Poland.......according to a stupid jack a** like yourself. This is just further proof that you not only don't live in Poland but that you hate Polish people and are in NO position to talk about Polish people anywhere.

MediaWatch:
You have virtually nothing good to say about anybody of Polish ancestry but you are VERY QUICK to find fault and criticize Poles which says a lot about you.

I have no time for those who go on about being Polish

Who are you kidding? You have made more then several deragatory comments about Poles and Poland before the issue of Polish Americans came up.

Also you are the one complaining about Poland NOT me. Which is my original premise about you. You don't live in Poland. You don't speak the language and the you wouldn't be caught dead in Poland. The only reason why you are on the Polish forum is to monitor what Poles say about your Russia.

By the way this is a Polish forum in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE that deals with ALL issues about Polish people even OUTSIDE of Poland. This forum is mainly about people of Polish ancestry no matter where they are. This is why there are topics about people of Polish ancestry who are soccer players in Germany, Boxers in America (like Tomasz Adamek) or woman tennis players of Polish ancestry from Denmark playing at the US Open now like Caroline Wozniak.

Not to mention Americans like Rita Cosby, who's father is from Poland who she wrote a book about called "Quiet Hero".

MediaWatch:
Any fair minded Pole that read ALL your rants about Polish Americans AND Poles would think you are the LAST person to past judgement on anything pertaining to Poland or Poles.

How many real Polish people do you know?

I know many, starting with my family. Do you really think I would spend time on this Polish forum if I did not have friends or family who are Polish? How dense are you?

MediaWatch:
Just admit it. You are a Russian who is on this forum to "monitor" anything anybody says about your Russia.

So, what's it like sleeping under the stairs with your tinfoil hat on?

I don't know you tell me. You Russians are the kings of being paranoid. That's why the Russian government had so many gulag concentration camps because they had their tinfoil hats on all the time dreaming up how everyone was against them.

MediaWatch:
Just admit your ancestry. At least half the people on this forum are not of Polish ancestry. We have other people on this forum who are honest about who they are and have no problem saying that they are Russian, Serbian, German, English, Scottish, etc, so why don't you just admit you're Russian. Aren't you proud of your Russian heritage?

I wish I had some Russian ancestry, it would be nice to be something other than a plain cabbage Scot :(

You don't have to wish for it, you already are Russian.

Also in reference to all your comments about Poles being "stupid" or "thickheaded" (before you even brought up Polish Americans) look how stupid you Russians are:

Check out the movie "The Soviet Story"
"Soviet Story"
youtu.be/cU4Dc5Z8TUw

The Russians were so stupid they supplied Hitler with millions of tons of OIL, WAR MATERIAL, AMMUNITION, FOOD and all types of other goodies!! Russia was going crazy kissing ass to Hitler in the beginning of WWII giving him limitless resources and then we hear you Russians crying today about about the millions of Russians killed by the Nazis. Well maybe if you Russian geniuses didn't give Hitler unlimited resources so many of you wouldn't have been killed. Don't you think it was Russian stupidity and thickheadedness to give Hitler unlimited resources?????
landora - | 199
6 Sep 2010 #126
By the way - my family in Poland vote Kaczynski' party, are you calling them idiots?

Oh, people have the right to vote whomever they choose, but Polonia could really think better about it and stop interfering in our politics. You choose Kaczyński and feel good about your patriotic self, we have to live with this paranoid idiot.

You mean to tell me that somebody like you makes a stupid anti-Polish statement and says that when Poland was partioned and dominated by Germany and Russia for over a hundred years that that made all the dominated Poles "non-Polish" because Poland didn't exist as a nation???

He didn't say that. He said that people did not emigrate from Poland, because Poland didn't exist. They might be Polish - but I would argue the 100% part. In todays world, only really isolated nations might claim to be 100% something. for example, what is 100% British nowadays?

And anyway, if you feel so Polish, you should learn the language. I would be ashamed if I had kids abroad and they wouldn't speak perfect Polish.

Yes Poland hates Polonia and Polonia hates Poland.......according to a stupid jack a** like yourself.

After reading comments how Polonia feels patriotic and how they know best what's good for Poland - well, I'm not very inclined to like them at the moment. I'm not trying to tell you what's best for America, am I??

I wish I had some Russian ancestry, it would be nice to be something other than a plain cabbage Scot :(

Well, you could finally decide who you are, you were called Asian on these forums, now Russian, what's next?? So who was the Scottish guy coming over for PolishForums meetings in Poznań? :D
MediaWatch 10 | 945
6 Sep 2010 #127
but Polonia could really think better about it and stop interfering in our politics.

Stop generalizing about Polonia. 99% of Polonia didn't vote in the Polish elections and therefore basically had nothing to do with the elections. I didn't even know people from Polonia could even vote in Polish elections. Also the tiny element of Polonia who voted were mostly Polish immigrants recently from Poland. Most 2nd 3rd 4th generation Polish Americans were relatively indifferent about the Polish elections and naturally let the Poles in Poland decide for themselves the election.

MediaWatch:
You mean to tell me that somebody like you makes a stupid anti-Polish statement and says that when Poland was partioned and dominated by Germany and Russia for over a hundred years that that made all the dominated Poles "non-Polish" because Poland didn't exist as a nation???

He said that people did not emigrate from Poland, because Poland didn't exist.

Assuming that its even true that those Polish Americans who say they are 100% Polish ancestry are not, GOD FORBID THEY SAY THEY ARE because they are proud of their Polish ancestry!!! LOL

But when a Polish American lady says that her Polish relatives said that they still considered themselves to be from Poland (read: Polish) even though Poland technically didn't exist because it was partitioned by Germany and Russia......Delphiadomine has a hissy fit and screams in so many words "Your relatives are wrong POLAND DIDN'T EXIST SO THEY COULD'T BE FROM POLAND blah blah blah!!!!

NO kidding the country didn't exist technically AND GOD FORBID the Polish lady's family members in an OBVIOUS ACT OF DEFIANCE to the occupying countries claimed that Poland existed nevertheless. I think that's actually a touching Pro-Polish gesture and notion. But that virulent Polish-hater Delphiadomine can't figure that out because all he cares about is creating friction and divisions among people of Polish ancestry.

Delphiadomine seemed to be genuinely insulted that Polish people during the partitioning tried to hold onto their Polish culture. That's Delphiodomine's main motive for splitting hairs on the definition of who is Polish or from Poland.

And anyway, if you feel so Polish, you should learn the language.

I do know Polish its just nowhere as good as my English. My Polish is much better then that fake Pole undercover Russian Delphiadomine who you seem to speaking for now.

MediaWatch:
Yes Poland hates Polonia and Polonia hates Poland.......according to a stupid jack a** like yourself.

After reading comments how Polonia feels patriotic and how they know best what's good for Poland - well, I'm not very inclined to like them at the moment.

You sound just like Delphiadomine with your GENERALIZATIONS. Polonia as a WHOLE never said that. I'm from Polonia and I never said that. Polonia cares about Poland because Polonia descended from Poland. That's it. Why make these Delpiadomine like provocative statements?

And why do you keep kissing arse to Delphiodamine who has made many anti-Polish slurs in the past?? Something most of Polonia would never do.

delphiandomine:
I wish I had some Russian ancestry, it would be nice to be something other than a plain cabbage Scot :(

So who was the Scottish guy coming over for PolishForums meetings in Poznań? :D

Its interesting how you overlook all of Delphiadomine's anti-Polish comments and are pandering to him.

So you are taking over for Delphiadomine now? lol

How many accounts does this guy have on this forum? LOL
Matt32 4 | 83
6 Sep 2010 #128
Oh, people have the right to vote whomever they choose, but Polonia could really think better about it and stop interfering in our politics.

Interfering? I would say that whomever have a right to vote and choose to exercise his right,doesn't interfere into your politics, because it is as much his as yours politics.

You choose Kaczyński and feel good about your patriotic self, we have to live with this paranoid idiot.

You are entitled to your opinion - however democracy means, that some people have a right to disagree with you -:)
delphiandomine 88 | 18,454
7 Sep 2010 #129
At least I don't lie about living in Poland like you do.

Anyone who knows anything about Poland knows that the last election was a choice of two candidates - the Thatcherist Komorowski vs the backed-by-trade-unions Kaczynski. I wonder who was better for business? I mean...seriously.

So you think somebody like yourself who hates Poland thinks he knows more about the Polish people then me who is pro-Polish? LOL

Being Pro-Polish means that you've probably got your eyes completely closed to the reality of life here. In fact, you seem surprisingly positive for someone who is pro-Polish - probably because you've never been or lived here.

So you mean to tell me that an anti-Polish Russian Bigot like you who trashes Poles and Poland on a steady basis knows more about Poland then somebody of Polish ancestry like me?

Because unlike you, I actually live and work here. You on the other hand are just another kielbasa waving plastic Pole - someone who goes on and on about being Polish, yet knows nothing about the country and hasn't ever visited.

You read it in your Russian newspapers.

Uh...I wouldn't call Gazeta Wyborcza and Rzeczpospolita "Russian" newspapers. Then again, you wouldn't know - you can't read Polish.

But of course an undercover Russian like yourself who pretends to be a Pole who has called Poles, Poland, Polish Americans deragatory names is more endeared by Poles in Poland then Polonia LOL!

Uh, I've never pretended to be Polish. If I did, I wouldn't earn as much money ;)

Anyway, I only insult Polish-Americans, mainly because they're Americans and not Polish at all.

The only reason why you are on the Polish forum is to monitor what Poles say about your Russia.

You honestly think that Russia cares about Poland that much? Come on, Poland is nothing but a poor EU country of little interest to Russia - about her only interest here is in energy. Then again, Plastic Poles don't understand this ;)

I do know Polish its just nowhere as good as my English.

Really? I live here - you don't. I doubt that your Polish is any good - especially if you use terms like "Busha" - LOL.

So who was the Scottish guy coming over for PolishForums meetings in Poznań? :D

I'm wondering why my driving licence says "place of birth : Aberdeen" ;) I'm starting to get a complex though - first Asian, now Russian - what next, German?

It's amusing - the Polonia seem to be far more patriotic and sentimental than the Polish themselves. Probably because if they actually lived here and saw the desperation and social divide for themselves, they'd kill themselves ;)
MediaWatch 10 | 945
7 Sep 2010 #130
Being Pro-Polish means that you've probably got your eyes completely closed to the reality of life here.

Hey fool I am am pro-Polish as far as supporting anyone of Polish ancestry inside and outside of Poland. Is that OK with you Mr. Know it all about Poland?? LOL We do have issues concerning people of Polish ancestry outside of Poland on this forum, are you aware of that??

What language does Polonia speak and what language is this forum in??

And yes I am quite aware of how bad off Poland is comparison to Western European standards. I am well aware of how well Soviet Russia screwed it up. That kind of damage is not going to be fixed overnight.

But I am optimistic about the improvements Poland is making and of course a Polish-Hater like yourself loves to focus on the negatives of Poland. Yes all those negative qualities of Poland have to be the reason why you CHOSE to live in Poland. LOL At least that's what you CLAIM Personally I think your full of it.

But hey look at the bright side, at least you're not in Russia.

MediaWatch:
So you mean to tell me that an anti-Polish Russian Bigot like you who trashes Poles and Poland on a steady basis knows more about Poland then somebody of Polish ancestry like me?

Because unlike you, I actually live and work here.

YOU WORK IN POLAND???? LMAO!!!!!! So you CHOSE to live in Poland because you WANTED A JOB in POLAND?????? So why don't you talk about that? Someone giving you a job is a good thing. Right??? Oh that's right you never focus on anything good about Poland. Just the bad. LOL

Why couldn't you get a job in Russia??? No jobs there? No jobs you like in any other country? NOW why would that be.

As for Poland, I have relatives who live there and my parents have been there many times. Also as I have told you before my interest in Polish people does not stay inside the borders of Poland. There are over 50 million people outside of Poland who are at least partly of Polish ancestry who I am interested in, living in the US, England, Brazil, Germany, Denmark, Belarus, Lithuania, Russia you name it.

MediaWatch:
How would you know you barely speak any Polish. You read it in your Russian newspapers.

Then again, you wouldn't know - you can't read Polish.

Oh really??

How was I able to discuss those articles written in Polish that other people were referencing in other topics.?????? LOL

You liar you can't read ANY Polish. You just read what English language Russian media say about Polish newspaper articles.

MediaWatch:
But of course an undercover Russian like yourself who pretends to be a Pole who has called Poles, Poland, Polish Americans deragatory names is more endeared by Poles in Poland then Polonia LOL!

Uh, I've never pretended to be Polish.

Uh yes you did or at least you came very close early on in trying to imply you are a Pole in Poland.

So this country Poland which you spend half your time bad mouthing found a job for you that takes no knowledge of the Polish language? Just your inner anti-Polish prejudice?

Frankly you would have to be an idiot to want to work and live in Poland considering how much fault you have found with it.

You don't earn any money in Poland because you are a Russian American in America in his basement who is only putting on a phoney act about living in Poland. You are a Russian chauvinist who is merely monitoring this website for what people "say about Russia".....and to bash Poland.

Anyway, I only insult Polish-Americans, mainly because they're Americans and not Polish at all.

Who are you kidding you were insulting and bashing Poles IN Poland before and even now. Because you are a sick Russian bigot.

MediaWatch:
Also you are the one complaining about Poland NOT me. Which is my original premise about you. You don't live in Poland. You don't speak the language and the you wouldn't be caught dead in Poland. The only reason why you are on the Polish forum is to monitor what Poles say about your Russia.

You honestly think that Russia cares about Poland that much?

Well Russia cares about Poland enough to want to have Raproachment with Poland. LOL

But its not so much average Russians from Russia who are a problem. Its certain undercover chauvinistic Russian supremacists like yourself that are obsessed with monitoring these websites for what people here "say about Russia".

MediaWatch:
I do know Polish its just nowhere as good as my English. My Polish is much better then that fake Pole undercover Russian Delphiadomine who you seem to speaking for now.

I doubt that your Polish is any good - especially if you use terms like "Busha" - LOL.

What are you talking about? Where did I say "Busha"??? LOL

And stop it already about this you live in Poland baloney already. You're just some old Russian in his basement playing make believe and bashing Poles why he's at it.

landora:
Well, you could finally decide who you are, you were called Asian on these forums, now Russian, what's next?? So who was the Scottish guy coming over for PolishForums meetings in Poznań? :D

It's amusing - the Polonia seem to be far more patriotic and sentimental than the Polish themselves.

I'm sure some of this may be true. Its true in most countries even here in the US. If you were ever in Russia you would see it there in spades LOL

But really I think you should stop watching so much RT television. Wasn't that a recent story on RT Russian television?? LOL

As I have told you before my interest in Polish issues is not limited to within the Polish borders. This is the PolishForum and it applies to issues and topics of people of Polish ancestry inside and outside Poland's borders.
jonni 16 | 2,485
7 Sep 2010 #131
This is the PolishForum and it applies to issues and topics of people of Polish ancestry inside and outside Poland's borders.

Or equally it applies to matters concerning the European state called Poland and people who live there and wish to discuss it in English. Regardless of their ancestry.

As for Poland, I have relatives who live there and my parents have been there many times.

Some of us live there right now (like Delphiandomine), own homes, pay our taxes, raise families, own businesses and are either eligible for or have already taken permanent residence or even citizenship. But aren't of Polish descent. Others just sit in the New World harking back to their families' past, while some of us have a connection with PL stronger than mere ancestry.

You don't earn any money in Poland because you are a Russian American in America in his basement who is only putting on a phoney act about living in Poland.

That's just a nutty thing to say.
BookOwl - | 22
7 Sep 2010 #132
You know, for me, I would understand what they are talking about, because my family came from Poland.

Yea, Patty! (May I call you Patty? Or do you prefer Pat? And you may call me Jackie! :-) )

Very well put!

I agree 100%!!

And, by the way, Patty, I agree with everything else you said in all your other posts on this thread, as well. I didn't list all your quotes here because that would have taken up too much space. Just wanted you to know that I support you and thatYOU ROCK!! :-) :-)
MediaWatch 10 | 945
7 Sep 2010 #133
That's just a nutty thing to say.

Not when there are Chauvinistic Russians like him saying what he says on other forums. Its the same crap he spews here while trying hard to come across like he has a non-Russian identity. He also has multiple identities just like here.

The extreme sensitivity he has about anything said about Russia, especially during that whole plane crash in Russia debate showed who he really is. NO person of NON-Russian ancestry would go that crazy taking so personally general things said about Russia like during that debate.
Patrycja19 63 | 2,699
7 Sep 2010 #134
Others just sit in the New World harking back to their families' past, while some of us have a connection with PL stronger than mere ancestry.

So what does this have to do with people having the soul right to trace their ancestry?

dumphia has every right to trace his ancestry and no one is going to make any
bad remarks that he cant because he lives in poland and has no connection to his
home in scottland because he doesnt pay taxes there and he no longer wears his drag
outfit and blows pipes..

yeah that wouldnt be fair, and those scotts living in America , well, they cant go back
to the homeland and trace their ancestry because they have no connections anymore.

so they dont have rights to learn about where their forefathers lived and all the wars and
the basic history itself of anything other then the land they live and pay taxes on..

no schooling for you American scotts!! nope siree budd, no social studies, no Americans
need to learn about anything else that goes on outside of their green grassy backyard!!
no children shall attend school and learn about history in itself, because it involves crossing
the ocean to where it all began.

yes , we must all heed to the powerful man in drag ( oh sorry) the scottish know it all
dumphia!!

Jonni, your a bagpipe blower follower.. tsk tsk.
MediaWatch 10 | 945
7 Sep 2010 #135
Patrycja,

The Scots are generally good people.

I doubt Delphiadomine is Scottish. That's just a notion he put out there as a decoy.

Even if he was from Scotland he is most likely of Russian ancestry judging by all of his Russia-centric comments he has made before. In England/Scotland there are hundreds of thousands of people who are of Russian ancestry. You can tell a lot about somebody's ethnic origins when you talk to them long enough despite what they claim to be. He is very defensive of Russia which tells you something.

I pointed out before comments he made sympathizing with Russia when nobody was even talking about Russia.
FUZZYWICKETS 8 | 1,883
7 Sep 2010 #136
MediaWatch wrote:

You don't earn any money in Poland because you are a Russian American in America in his basement

I can assure you, Delph is not American.

Jonni wrote:

Some of us live there right now (like Delphiandomine), own homes, pay our taxes, raise families, own businesses and are either eligible for or have already taken permanent residence or even citizenship.

Delphiandomine lives in an apt. rent free, does not have a family here, works part time as an English teacher and has a bogus online foreign services business that generates zero income (lindenia). Of all people you could have chosen to use in that statement, you chose him?

MediaWatch wrote:

I doubt Delphiadomine is Scottish.

He is certainly a mystery. He is not a native speaker of English which means that he may have Scottish blood but he wasn't born and raised there. It's posssible he bounced around a lot as a child and just never developed a native tongue.

It is kind of entertaining to read what you all are writing about him, saying that he is anti-polish, has so many bad things to say about Poland, because to be honest, I feel the exact opposite. He goes on this forum all the time and makes Poland look so much more than it really is.

If you ask me, he's just a frustrated young kid with little direction and nothing to come back home to and is simply struggling with the fact that Poland is all he's got.
convex 20 | 3,978
7 Sep 2010 #137
He is very defensive of Russia which tells you something.

Sweet, do me next!

Also as I have told you before my interest in Polish people does not stay inside the borders of Poland.

So you don't have any first hand experience living in Poland? We foreigners living in Poland (some with Polish blood mind you), are just telling you like we see it. We are surrounded by Poles everyday. We work, live, and spend our free time with Poles. I figure that gives us a bit of insight. If we hated it, we'd move back immediately. Hell, most Poles are much rougher on their country than the little bits of criticism that we throw out every now and then.
jonni 16 | 2,485
7 Sep 2010 #138
So what does this have to do with people having the soul right to trace their ancestry?

Nothing. I'm not sure what you mean by "soul" right, but people always have the right to cherish their family history. The comment was about mediawatch saying that this forum is only for ("applies to") people of Polish descent; it is not. Some of us have a more direct connection than just ancestry - we live in PL and have made our lives there.

Delphiandomine lives in an apt. rent free, does not have a family here, works part time as an English teacher

How would you know that kind of stuff about someone?

He is not a native speaker of English

Everything about his textual style suggests your comment is untrue.
FUZZYWICKETS 8 | 1,883
7 Sep 2010 #139
jonni wrote:

How would you know that kind of stuff about someone?

because he has written every single one of those things.

jonni wrote:

Everything about his textual style suggests your comment is untrue.

again, he has admitted on this forum he is not a native speaker.

anything else jonni?
jonni 16 | 2,485
7 Sep 2010 #140
he has admitted on this forum he is not a native speaker.

Nothing about his style of English suggests that.

anything else jonni?

Yes! How that or anything else would lessen the impact of anything he posts here?
FUZZYWICKETS 8 | 1,883
7 Sep 2010 #141
jonni wrote:

Nothing about his style of English suggests that.

i beg to differ. regardless, facts are facts.

jonni wrote:

Yes! How that or anything else would lessen the impact of anything he posts here?

you must not read anything Delph writes on this forum.
jonni 16 | 2,485
7 Sep 2010 #142
you must not read anything Delph writes on this forum.

Generally he is one of the more sensible posters here.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,454
7 Sep 2010 #143
because he has written every single one of those things.

Last time I checked, 25-30 hours a week was considered "full time" for teaching.

Apartment? Last time I checked, I pay the bills and the girlfriend pays the rent. Works out equal due to the hideously large administration charges, and is the easiest way to split it.

Business? Teaching is more lucrative than attempting to start a new business in a difficult economic environment. It's sound economic sense to stick with something tried and tested - I'll probably restart it in good time, but right now, I'm much more involved with teaching - so the business is on the shelf.

He is not a native speaker of English which means that he may have Scottish blood but he wasn't born and raised there

Not a native speaker of English? Fuzzy, have you never heard of sarcasm?

In fact, there are several people on this forum who can vouch for me. Can we say the same about you? In fact - is it YOU that isn't the native speaker? You certainly have a serious complex about the whole thing. If I could be bothered, I'd point out the numerous mistakes that you've made on this forum that could potentially betray you as a non-native.

As for MediaWatch - my, my, my. Someone has Russians on the brain!
Matt32 4 | 83
7 Sep 2010 #144
Generally he is one of the more sensible posters here.

Maybe, but it wasn't sensible of him to insist that PolAms aren't Pol at all.:)
jonni 16 | 2,485
7 Sep 2010 #145
Most of them are not Poles; they are PolAms, which is not quite the same thing, and is something to be proud of in its own right.

My own roots are Irish and Scottish, surname included, but strong though my roots are, I am neither of those things and can't really be completely either without actually living there.
FUZZYWICKETS 8 | 1,883
7 Sep 2010 #146
a valiant attempt to save face, maybe you fooled a few newbies on this forum, but you know i'm laughing out loud at what you have just written, Delph.
Matt32 4 | 83
7 Sep 2010 #147
Most of them are not Poles; they are PolAms, which is not quite the same thing.

You are missing a point here, its about human feelings and self-identification - its personal and fragile matter :)
At last this is my opinion on the subject, I wouldn't dare to tell the others what they should feel :)
convex 20 | 3,978
7 Sep 2010 #148
The weak will always identify closely with their tribe. The leaders of the tribe know it's a powerful tool.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,454
7 Sep 2010 #149
a valiant attempt to save face, maybe you fooled a few newbies on this forum, but you know i'm laughing out loud at what you have just written, Delph.

Point, delphiandomine.
TheOther 6 | 3,692
7 Sep 2010 #150
That's Delphiodomine's main motive for splitting hairs on the definition of who is Polish or from Poland.

It's not about splitting hair, MediaWatch. If you are serious about genealogy, you'll have to stick to historical facts and avoid wishful thinking.


Home / USA, Canada / PolAms -- do you regard yourselves only as 'white Americans'?
BoldItalic [quote]
 
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.