The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / USA, Canada  % width posts: 3

U.S. Citizenship Thru Marriage?

Sweets011 1 | -
15 Jun 2010 #1
I came here from poland when i was 12 years old with my parents, we overstayed our visa and became illegal,
I recently got married to a U.S Citizen we have been together for 4 years and I would like to start filling out papers for my citizenship.

If anyone has gone thru this process please let me know how it works.
Thank you!
Peeka Boo
15 Jun 2010 #2
I am not a lawyer but as per my friends exp you have to file change of status form with ICE until if they have deportation order issued in that case you have to leave the country and file ..I think form i212 for waiver of entering ban for 5 to 10 years.......then again consult an immigration attorney in your area.
plk123 8 | 4,148
15 Jun 2010 #3
^^ he's married now so that's different.. i doubt he has to leave and reapply from abroad.

Home / USA, Canada / U.S. Citizenship Thru Marriage?