The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / UK, Ireland  % width posts: 2

Working in UK (continuous residency in Poland disrupted) and taxed in Poland

sys_chaos 1 | 3
16 Sep 2017 #1
Hello everyone..

I am back here again to seek your expert advice :D

Two aspects of my current situation:
1) I have been working in Poland since couple of years and now only few months close to apply for a permanent residence (PR) to settle in Poland.

2) I recently got an offer letter for a decent job in UK which I plan to do for at least 2 years before returning to Poland

Question: Since I will be leaving Poland and start working in UK, I will disrupt my continuous living history to be eligible for PR in Poland. What would be the best way to take up the job in UK without jeopardizing my settlement in Poland? Can a foreigner work in UK and pay taxes, ZUS etc in Poland? Would you advise setting up some small business (I anyhow do some web dev. on freelancer) here in Poland to keep my clock running?

thanks in advance for your help n advice.
munroe 1 | 3
23 Sep 2017 #2
I did read somewhere that if you are delagated abroad by a Polish company - then time a spent abroad counts as time spent in Poland.

I spoke with an immigration lawyer / advisor about this a few weeks ago.
To me as a brit who likes spending a fair amount of time back in the UK this is quite appealing.
Imagine setting up your own company with yourself as director and " delagating "yourself back to the UK maybe for the whole year - I asked the lawyer if this would work.... he sort of smiled and said he'd get back to me

..i can't think it would be that easy.
I'm in the same boat as you - only I've been in Poland for over six months since last year which apparently as an eu citizen counts as a full year in Poland.

The question is come Brexit , since I woundnt be an eu citizen in 18 montgs time would last year's and this coming years six month qualifiying period still count - or would the standard non eu periods of 10 months each year be necessary?

The immigration lawyer I spoke to couldn't answer that either seems as far as Brexit goes nobody has any answers.
Perhaps if instead of being in the UK for a full year you did at least 6 months in Poland that 6 months u spend in the UK wouldn't then be any bar to continuous residency .

Home / UK, Ireland / Working in UK (continuous residency in Poland disrupted) and taxed in Poland
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.