As inspired by Pam:
There is nothing wrong with starting a new thread as the result of interest generated on another.
I have decided to answer/moan about the topics mentioned:
1. In their defence, the open spaces on buses and trams is there for wheelchairs and prams. I do get annoyed when it's filled with bicycles, if you have a bike, why don't you cylcle it instead of taking up a load of space on the bus/tram??
2. I hate this...seriously, because you're old it means you can't follow common courtesy and your bag somehow needs a seat because, what, it's got a pension pass too?
3. In Kraków they have combatted this by only offering hour tickets for sale by the driver, which means if you can't use the machine or don't have a ticket you need to pay 5PLN for one off the driver. Although, in saying that, sometimes the automats are out of order and I think they do that on purpose to raise funds so people have to buy a more expensive ticket.
4. I will always give my seat up to someone that I feel deserves it, however, I am not going to feel like a terrible person because someone who's just turned 60 (or whatever age it is, it's a long while before I need to worry about it) and got their pass wants my seat.
5. I don't want to single out the older people with their little shopping carts, but people with huge backpacks that refuse to put them at their feet and go wandering about bumping everyone and taking up two people's spaces on a crowded bus deserve to pay double!