The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 22

In Poland on National Visa, want to visit London - how can i apply for travel visa to UK

Paritosh 10 | 62
8 May 2014 #1
Hello all,

I have national visa for Poland, I want to visit London for holidays , will it be possible, because it does not come in schenghen state??

How can i apply for travel visa to UK while staying in Poland

Monitor 14 | 1,820
8 May 2014 #2
Don't know if you can. Call British embassy in Warsaw.
Ziemowit 13 | 4,356
8 May 2014 #3
Depends what country you are from. If you are a US citizen, you don't need a visa to the UK, for example.
Monitor 14 | 1,820
8 May 2014 #5
You need visa it costs 300GBP and "You must apply for your visa from the country in which you are resident or 'living'." So I think you can do that from Poland, because you live here. Here you can apply online:
OP Paritosh 10 | 62
8 May 2014 #6
Thanks Monitor, I checked this , in fact I send them a mail as you suggested to contact them.
And, they replied immediately , that i can apply for general visa which will cost me for 105 EUR (less than six months)

Why you say 300 GBP?
Ziemowit 13 | 4,356
8 May 2014 #7
You need visa it costs 300GBP

Three hundred quid for a British visa!? That is shameful robbery by the daylight. If I were robbed in a dark street and lost 300 GBP as a results, I would feel happier than when having to pay this amount for a British visa. Besides, given the amonut of wealth taken out from India to Britain by the East India Company in the past, Indian citizens should be given the British visa for free or even should be paid for having applied for one!
OP Paritosh 10 | 62
8 May 2014 #8
I wish that could have happen.!
at least visa can be provided without hassle and less cost

PS: the cost is 105 EURO for short term visit (less than 6 months - multiple entry)
Dont gag me yo 7 | 156
8 May 2014 #9
How can i apply for travel visa to UK while staying in Poland

go to the embassy fill out forms,pay a fee if due,submit documents....thats how you apply i guess...
Monitor 14 | 1,820
8 May 2014 #10
Why you say 300 GBP?

Sorry, I just looked fast at the website and missed fragment "It costs £83 to apply." and only noticed "Long-term visit visa fees are: 1 year - £300" It's still not cheap.
chougui bilal - | 3
15 May 2015 #11
Merged: I have Polish residence - do I need a visa to travel to the UK?

i have polish residance and my wife is polish and we live in poland we want to traval t UK for 2 weeks,do i need visa ??
Wulkan - | 3,243
15 May 2015 #12
What is your citizenship?
jon357 71 | 20,410
15 May 2015 #13
That depends on where you're from. Citizens of some countries need them and citizens of others don't.

Polish residence doesn't make any difference - the UK isn't in Schengen.
chougui bilal - | 3
15 May 2015 #14
im from algeria and i know UK isnt shengen but i called to british embassy they told me u can travel without visa because in border in uk your wife remplace your visa but its better to have visa, but the problem is i dont have enough time because my friend has weeding in UK at the same time im afraid i ll lose money of ticket in case if they dont let me enter to UK

can someone answer me please ???
Levi_BR 6 | 219
15 May 2015 #15
The officer is right, it is better you have a Visa.
mcm1 2 | 81
15 May 2015 #16
To follow the letter of the law then you do need a visit visa, this is obtainable from Warsaw and the current processing time is within 10 days. If you have flights booked then you might well be denied boarding without the correct paper work.
Polsyr 6 | 769
17 May 2015 #17
You can apply for EEA family permit - it is processed much faster than a regular visa (usually 2 working days). Visit the British embassy with your wife and state your case to them. From personal experience I say they are very helpful. Take with your all the relevant documents.
chougui bilal - | 3
12 Jun 2015 #18
i called the British embassy and they told me u can travel without visa but better to have visa ,so now im lost and i already buy ticket so i really dont know what to do now, and i ask some friends who live in uk with British residence they told me we used to travel to eu and at the airport they ask us where is your visa ,did u travel alone ,they said im with my wife and then they said ok but this from UK to EU but my situation is opposite so can someone make it sure please !!!
17 Jun 2015 #19

You are a Non-EU national who is the spouse of an EU national.

Therefore you can travel with your EU spouse to the UK.

If you [your wife] are an EU national but you have family members [you] who are not, they [you] can accompany or join you in another EU country.

Your non-EU family members [you] must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country they are from, may also have to show an entry visa at the border.

To avoid problems, contact the consulate or embassy of the country you are travelling to well in advance to find out which documents your non-EU family member will be asked to present at the border.

You will require this:

14 Aug 2020 #20
I worked in a factory in Poland then my contract is already finished now I want to visit London what should I do to get there. Im a Filipino

Im in Poland now but I want to go to London to find another job do what should I do?
cms neuf - | 2,072
14 Aug 2020 #21
You need a British work permit
pawian 192 | 19,247
19 Aug 2020 #22
Is it going to be easy? Will he/she need the permit first before travelling to the UK?

Home / Law / In Poland on National Visa, want to visit London - how can i apply for travel visa to UK
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.