I suspect some difference of opinions here...
We've seen in the 30's and the 40's what the Right can lead to. Amazingly the Right Wing accuses now the Left Wing of their own practices. Yes, the Soviet Union was Left Wing, but only in NAME.
I don't quite get you here... 30ies and 40ies?
1. Nationalisation of big industry.
2. Central regulation of economy, 5-year production plans allowing small businesses only to operate 'freely' in the regulated economy. Food prescription.
3. Nationalisation of land and creating government owned huge 'farms'.
4. Banning all trade unions, except for those controlled by the government
5. Suppressing free speech, and overwhelming, populist, dumbing propaganda
6. Government-controlled mass youth organisations aimed at creating a new, better citizen. Used to dig potatoes on the mentioned farms. While singing patriotic songs.
7. Brutal persecution of religion.
8. Bright and happy future for everybody, following temporary difficulties and necessary sacrifices under the enlightened leadership of the only Party, following then only true ideology. Said difficulties being instigated by the treacherous and mean enemy.
9. Strong Marxist sympathies, including famous Marx's antisemitism. Kinda obvious, so I forgot.
9. Red flag with a funny logo. 'Cos this is worker's blood'.
Where is the Right in the above?
11. National Socialistic
oh fvck. Sorry. You're right. Sorry for wasting tour time.
Yes, the Soviet Union was Left Wing, but only in NAME.
Um, I am a slow reader. So the Soviets were the Right, exactly like the Nazi. Left only in name. But, just a supposition, couldn't it all be based on the irrefutable truth that Right is Bad, and Left is Good? Stalin is the Right, Mao is the Right, Ho Shi Minh is the Right, and all of them blatantly lie about being Left. Typical rightist tactics, like. Bloody liars.
MG, sorry to disillusion you, left is bad. Left is wrong. The Left is not bearded intellectuals with flowers in their hairs, the Left is Trocki, who, unlike Stalin, planned Gulag for the whole world. The Left is Pol Pot, who managed to murder 20% of his own nation in some 5 years, applying nothing more technically advanced than a simple hoe, and enslaved the rest in a nightmarish manner. The Left is Mugabe, who converted the Bread Basket of Africa into a land of starvation. And strange as it seems, the Nazi have much much much more of the Left in them than of the Right, despite the common misconception, and apart from inclination to genocide. Unlike Fascists, who were a bizarre eclectic bunch. Hitler hated Soviets, Stalin hated Maoists, Trocki hated Stalin, so what.
Isn't that the same with some Poles? I remember the reactions to the Kielce Pogrom
You didn't read that Haaretz article between lines, did you?
Jan T Gross and plenty of other instances.
Gross stated with authority that 1600 Jews were burned. My reaction was 'Fkn hell, that WAS sumtin, fvck... errm, just a minute...' 1600 people crammed in a typical Polish village barn? Make it twice as big, and still you have to pack them in layers. What kind of opinion did I form about Gross, what do you think?
And other instances.
Your statements were used to prove this and that. If they are wrong, then you have no proof for this and that, then possibly this and that is not quite true. What do you think, again?
Perhaps written too hasty indeed, was at work. Focus was more on the documented part anyway.
well, what does it change, that focus? Documented by NKVD. You mean they lied in the face, but what they wrote was pure truth? Slightly biased, maybe? Just a tad?
I guess I might be starting to vaguely suspect where that my idiosyncrasy about being blunt comes from...