Especially as about imposing deity' laws on you, and about taxes.
- The church has income from private persons. Income that's being used to buy, for instance, luxurious limos that our church leaders drive. This income should be taxed.
- The church gets money from the government. Example: the government pays for teaching religion in polish schools. (over 1 billion PLNs for teaching fairy tales!). Church fund; hospital, military, police, etc. chaplains. It all adds up. The fact that my tax money goes there disgust me.
- The church gets tax breaks and favorable prices. Example: buying land for 1% of its retail value. The remaining 99% is loss to the budget.
- The church lobbies for laws restricting or banning abortion, gay marriage (or civil union), in-vitro fertilization.
Also would you care to say what do you think about historical role of the RCC in Poland?
Invaluable. But People's Republic of Poland is long gone now. We're a western, modern country. People do not need any organized entity, be it a party or a church, to have a leading role in their lives, enforced by law.
Churches, charities, not-for-profit gorups, NGOs and others are regarded as public-benfit organisations and enjoy various forms of preferential treatment which may include tax-exempt status unlike commercial organisations.
Doesn't matter if the charity is christian (like the Red Cross) or atheist (like WOŚP), as long as it provides charity in a transparent, non-for-profit way. I fail to see how is any church a public benefit organization. I also fail to see why should everyone finance RCC with their tax money. If you're a believer - pay up for your church's support. If not, you shouldn't be forced to do so.
Owsiak has the media in his pocket for his once-a-year- circus, but Caritas without fanfare aids those in need all year round. Should they pay the same taxes as Deutesche Bank, Biedronka or Tesco?
How often do you see Owsiak on TV? How often do you see representatives of RCC on TV? Are you certain about your statement? Caritas prove to be very non-transparent in the past (see the 2010 embezzlement). I am yet to see fraud in WOŚP, as their money handling is very transparent. That being said, any NGO that provides charity as a non-for-profit organization, should have tax breaks. Also keep in mind that I clearly want to distinguish Caritas, which is a charitable organization run by RCC, and the RCC itself, which should not be tax free under any circumstances.
Are Poles proud of the fact that it is a supposedly Catholic country? If so, why do so many people from Poland travel across Europe in a National express coach to get to the UK who's head of state is the protestant Queen of England?
That's quite simple. The UK was among the first countries that allowed Poles to live and work there, immediately, in May 2004. English is a language being universally taught in Polish schools. UK residents enjoy better salaries, benefits and freedoms than Polish residents. Probably hardly anyone gave two ***** about UK's head of state's religious views at that time.