Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 2

Self-employed Brit - paying taxes in Poland?

chrisscole 3 | 10  
12 Apr 2008 /  #1

Can anyone offer me any advice? I'm a self-employed Brit, contracting for a British firm and paying taxes in the UK. I'm moving out to Poland in a week and a half for a 6 month - 1 year stay (with regular short visits back to the UK - 6 - 12 times a year). I'll also be doing a small amount of work for Polish clients.

Does anyone know how I'm required to declare my income and pay taxes in Poland? I've read somewhere that if I'm in Poland for over 6 months in a year, I have to pay taxes to Poland - even if the money is coming from UK work. From my perspective, I'd like to be declaring my income for English work to the UK tax office and from my Polish work to the Polish tax office.

Seanus 15 | 19,706  
12 Apr 2008 /  #2
Look up Certificate of Fiscal Residence and P85 issues. If u split the tax payments two ways, u may be in a lower threshold (bracket) and save urself a few bob.

I'm sorry I can't offer u more professional advice, it's not my area but I have had some experience whereby I've contacted the tax offices in both countries. I'm exempt from UK tax.

I'm sure u'll find an explanation on a government page somewhere.

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / Self-employed Brit - paying taxes in Poland?Archived