Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 4

Polish visa for Third country Nationals

Kumar26 3 | 6  
20 Jul 2009 /  #1

I am an Indian in Czech republic with valid Schegen visa and work permit. My job is now moving to Poland Wroclaw

should i apply for work visa again for Poland? coz Poland is under Schengen too..

Do I only need work permit ?

can anyone please clarify? or any help?

let me know

ShelleyS 14 | 2,893  
20 Jul 2009 /  #2
I'd say you'd have to apply for a new work permit, since you are actually going to work in a different country, this should be down to your employer if he wants to move to another country.
OP Kumar26 3 | 6  
20 Jul 2009 /  #3
ya sure, the company will take care of work permit and visa.

What i am worried about is to submit all the documents again for visa...For non-Eu they ask many documents...for which i have to travel home..back to arrange.

Hope only permit is ok..and visa will be renewed.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,455  
21 Jul 2009 /  #4
I assume that you have category D or D+C visa?

In which case, this actually isn't a Schengen visa - these haven't been harmonised yet (why, I don't know) and isn't actually valid for travel within Schengen. As I understand it, you'll need to obtain a new Category D visa for Poland.

But if you have legal residence in the Czech Republic, you should be allowed to apply for the Polish visa at the embassy in Prague. You'll probably have to go there to find out, but I'm fairly positive that the EU tends to regard legal residence of more than 90 days in one Schengen state as enough for this thing.

Let me know the category on the visa and I'll be able to help further - but I'm pretty positive that you'll need to reapply. However, you should be able to apply on the basis of your residence in the Czech Republic, which should simplify things a bit.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Polish visa for Third country NationalsArchived