Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 3

I moved to Poland, am I entitled for an insurance without karta pobytu?

olito 6 | 53  
31 Mar 2009 /  #1
I finally moved to Poland and I am currently looking for a job.

I finished my studies in Germany and my student status ends today, meaning that if I want to keep my german insurance I need to hire a new coverage policy that costs ca. 150€ per month.

I am not EU-citizen, but still have a resident permit for Germany until the end of the summer, which is good for travelling anywhere in the EU legally. However, that doesn't provide me with any legal rights in Poland.

Can I hire a medical insurance in Poland without having karta pobytu yet? If not, what are my options?

Thanks in advance.
31 Mar 2009 /  #2
not sure really
if you were a German citizen then (with some kind of document - sort of a plastic card) you can turn to Polish doctor or hospital for free (theoretically - i'm not sure how it does look in practice - many things here look different in practice from the theory behind)

but since you are a resident I don't really know
Polish citizens who go abroad receive a plastic card to be able to use medical services in the EU countries (but I'm quite convinced this is only emergencies that are for free this way)
Alicjav - | 16  
25 Sep 2009 /  #3

it does not matter that you have German resident, but you can not work in Poland legal. You came here because Poland is also in Schengen Area. You have to find polish employer, who can employ you, and collect all documents with contract and registration (itc.) and put the to the immigration office, in this Województwo where you are registered 45 days before your legal stay in Poland will be done...

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / I moved to Poland, am I entitled for an insurance without karta pobytu?Archived