Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Australia  % width 6

Australian Living/Working In Poland

aussie_expat 5 | 41  
9 Aug 2008 /  #1
Hey, Im from Australia and looking to stay longer in Poland to be with my boyfriend
Any info regarding the residence permit or work permit
On the consulate site it hets I able to apply for a residence permit while in Poland or must I go to a bordering country?

Any info will be so helpful
Grzegorz_ 51 | 6,146  
9 Aug 2008 /  #2
No idea. Search the forums.
scottie1113 7 | 898  
10 Aug 2008 /  #3
What kind of work are you looking for?
OP aussie_expat 5 | 41  
10 Aug 2008 /  #4
Anything really where polish is not neccessary to the cleaning, kitchen hand etc
I need a "promise of work" for a work visa and then I'll be all set to go...

Anything offers will be so appreciated
10 Aug 2008 /  #5
look on gumtree or any of the polish job website you may need a friend to help you translate as majority of the postings will be primarily in the polish language

polish job sites include: or monster

there are more
modravodka - | 1  
4 Nov 2008 /  #6
Good luck. I am about to do the same thing.

As i understand it you will need;
A job, then a work permit (apply through your local labour office takes about 4 weeks), then you take your work permit and lots of other forms to the Polish embassy in Australia to apply for the type D 12 month schenghan visa which allows you to stay in Poland for greater than 90 days.

I currently have a type D for the Czech republic and it was a little different but just as much of a headache.

General helpful advice is to take a charming pole to every office and get the information you need in person.

On the job front, I would keep an eye out for jobs from expat run businesses as well.


Archives - 2005-2009 / Australia / Australian Living/Working In PolandArchived